~ Architecture ~ Design ~ Art + Photography ~ TV + Film ~ Muse ~

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

On 5:32 PM by Rachel Preston Prinz in , , ,
There's something exquisite about the tiny villita of Ranchos just south of Taos. One of my favorite places in Taos, I take all my guests here. The church, a lovely little place, is legendary in these parts, for various reasons, not the least of which is having been painted and photographed by artists Georgia O'Keeffe and Ansel Adams.

Half the plaza is alive, and half of it has been allowed to "go fallow." While it is a bit tragic to lose these great old buildings, allowing them to fall apart teaches us about how they were put together, and that makes them really special.








One of my favorite things about this little village is the awesome shopping here. I tend to favor the Two Graces Gallery, because my friend Robert Cafazzo, who owns it, does the BEST  little vignettes of art and collectibles that always change. I always find inspiration here! He's also a very talented painter, as is Holly Sievers, who he also represents, among others. They have a GREAT little bookstore in the gallery too!

Here's a taste...




Don't miss this little oasis when you visit Taos!