~ Architecture ~ Design ~ Art + Photography ~ TV + Film ~ Muse ~

Friday, December 4, 2015

On 12:50 PM by Rachel Preston Prinz in ,
Keith Allen West asked me "What does the Goddess of Historical Architecture say?" about this New Mexico preservation project, to which I replied, "This article isn't all that enlightening, but my first impression is that the overhangs should be kept because they provide shade protection that keeps the buildings cooler in the summer and keeps water and some sun off the windows, which keeps them from prematurely aging and requiring additional maintenance, so it's also an investment in sustainability. Look at it this way... spend the money now for an ounce of prevention, or later when you have to have repairs done or buy interior shades to keep the sun managed." 

But hey, I'm just one (admittedly avant garde) preservationist! And I like to encourage collaboration... So, what do YOU think?