~ Architecture ~ Design ~ Art + Photography ~ TV + Film ~ Muse ~

Monday, February 24, 2014

On 12:11 PM by Rachel Preston Prinz in
notes from my work journal that I thought I should remember...

"On a personal note, the meeting at Acoma today meeting was REALLY special for me personally because one, I FELT the lightning when I looked at the etched windows... I was struck by it once several years ago while driving and I KNEW what that window was long before Emerson told me because I felt its essence move through me again (just not in the "have I been shot?" kindof way like before, but in the gentle remembering way), and that was very magical.  



I also realized in one of the conversations with the Acoma grandmothers that some of the things I thought I had lost out on, being a white girl from a family whose lines were erased by choice, I really hadn't. As Marilyn and Prudy described their grandmothers teaching them traditions and telling stories, I realized that my (Eastern Band Cherokee) grandmother had actually taught me some of the same things - telling stories as she taught me to make "alabama cornbread" which, somehow until that very moment, I had not put together was really her version of fry bread! So I felt "at home" with them, and I am so thankful that it worked out the way it did. I honestly had no idea what I was going to be so deeply affected and reconnect to my own family/people/Source."

I love when I am awed.