~ Architecture ~ Design ~ Art + Photography ~ TV + Film ~ Muse ~

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

On 11:58 AM by Rachel Preston Prinz in ,
I have been waiting so patiently…
(Well, at least on good days)

A month or so ago
I painted a bunch of tiny cards 
to trade with women all over the world 
as a part of Women in Creativity month in Albuquerque.

Today, when the mailman came, he rang the doorbell...
I knew something exciting was happening...
And it was better than the package from Target that he delivered.

Nestled behind the parcel, 
in front of everyone's mail but mine...
a thick envelope...
from The National Hispanic Cultural Center… 

I knew what was inside...

I ripped open the envelope, excitedly, to find… 
a present to unwrap!!!


And when I did just that, a treasure map to unfurl...


Filled with tiny art prayers from women around the country...

And now it's on my altar. 
Intact and whole, 
with each card, a promise for a new discovery.

Because my tears won't let me look just yet.