~ Architecture ~ Design ~ Art + Photography ~ TV + Film ~ Muse ~

Monday, January 2, 2017

On 5:12 PM by Rachel Preston Prinz in , ,

there was a icy chill to the morning
hoarfrost on the mirror of my RAV
my first excursion out in days
everything was still because of the holiday and the dusting of snow
i drove purposely slow
i didn't know why
til she ambled out from behind a tree and across the road in front of me
resplendent from an easy winter
she kept walking and never dropped her gaze
we passed each other as if we were in a slow motion movie
her eyes looking straight into mine
I opened the window and called
hey sugar baby, you sure are a pretty little thing
I hope you're havin a good winter
I love you
and I smiled
and I swear to god she quite nearly walked right up to me


not this time, the first time.